Here are all the things. I tried to make it one cohesive page but I couldn’t figure it out. So here are the bullet points.
- I post here at Pile of Babies twice a week, on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Usually. Some weeks it is just Tuesday. Others it might be just Thursday. But at least one of those.
- Pile of Babies was awarded a Golden Teddy Award in both 2012 and 2013 by Parent Map magazine as one of their readers’ favorite parenting blogs. I was also a top ten finalist for Red Tricycle’s 2013 Totally Awesome Awards, Best Mom or Dad Blog category.
- I have been a guest blogger at sites such as Scary Mommy (Tattoos and Other Bad Ideas), This is Mommyhood (Playdate Waivers — Oh Yes!), and Off Duty Mom (Alternative Infertility.)
- I have also had blog posts featured on Mamas Against Drama, Mamapedia, and Blogher.
- I have done some humor writing off of the blog as well. Most of those pieces can be found at “Other Places You Can Read My Nonsense”. I have also had humor essays published at Loop Letters.
- In December of 2012 I finished 2nd out of over 160 applicants and 13 finalists in Blogger Idol 2012.
- Two of my essays appeared in e-books published in the spring of 2013: Parenting Gag Reel: Hilarious Writes and Wrongs, and Parenting Uncensored: Straight Talk from Real Moms and Dads on Getting Pregnant.
- In October 2013, I was chosen by Mommyish as one of five parenting blogs you should be reading.
- In October 2013 I participated in the weekly flash fiction contest run by The Speakeasy three times. I was the People’s choice once, and the Editor’s choice once, and in the top three the other time.
- In December 2013, I became a staff writer at the humor site, Aiming Low. It then shut down. This was, of course, a total coincidence.
- In December 2013 one of my blog posts, “A Shared Silence,” was featured on Brain, Child Magazine’s blog, Brain, Mother.
- In March 2014 my post “After-birth: 10 surprises from those first days after delivery” went viral, receiving almost 2 million views. The post was featured on Parenting.com, and on the Huffington Post, where it has been translated into French, German, and Spanish.
- In May 2014 I was selected by Blogher as one of their Voices of the Year in the humor category. I was also asked to read my selected post at their annual conference in July.
- In July 2014 I started blogging for the Huffington Post.
- In August 2014 I became a part-time staff writer for Mommyish, and a contributing writer for Hera Sport.
- In 2015, one of my essays will be part of an anthology of humorous essays about potty training that will be published by Monkey Star Press.
You can contact me by clicking the “Contact Me” link at the top of the page, or e-mailing me at [email protected]