Here are all the things. I tried to make it one cohesive page but I couldn’t figure it out. So here are the bullet points.
- I post here at Pile of Babies twice a week, on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Usually. Some weeks it is just Tuesday. Others it might be just Thursday. But at least one of those.
- Pile of Babies was awarded a Golden Teddy Award in both 2012 and 2013 by Parent Map magazine as one of their readers’ favorite parenting blogs. I was also a top ten finalist for Red Tricycle’s 2013 Totally Awesome Awards, Best Mom or Dad Blog category.
- I have been a guest blogger at sites such as Scary Mommy (Tattoos and Other Bad Ideas), This is Mommyhood (Playdate Waivers — Oh Yes!), and Off Duty Mom (Alternative Infertility.)
- I have also had blog posts featured on Mamas Against Drama, Mamapedia, and Blogher.
- I have done some humor writing off of the blog as well. Most of those pieces can be found at “Other Places You Can Read My Nonsense”. I have also had humor essays published at Loop Letters.
- In December of 2012 I finished 2nd out of over 160 applicants and 13 finalists in Blogger Idol 2012.
- Two of my essays appeared in e-books published in the spring of 2013: Parenting Gag Reel: Hilarious Writes and Wrongs, and Parenting Uncensored: Straight Talk from Real Moms and Dads on Getting Pregnant.
- In October 2013, I was chosen by Mommyish as one of five parenting blogs you should be reading.
- In October 2013 I participated in the weekly flash fiction contest run by The Speakeasy three times. I was the People’s choice once, and the Editor’s choice once, and in the top three the other time.
- In December 2013, I became a staff writer at the humor site, Aiming Low. It then shut down. This was, of course, a total coincidence.
- In December 2013 one of my blog posts, “A Shared Silence,” was featured on Brain, Child Magazine’s blog, Brain, Mother.
- In March 2014 my post “After-birth: 10 surprises from those first days after delivery” went viral, receiving almost 2 million views. The post was featured on Parenting.com, and on the Huffington Post, where it has been translated into French, German, and Spanish.
- In May 2014 I was selected by Blogher as one of their Voices of the Year in the humor category. I was also asked to read my selected post at their annual conference in July.
- In July 2014 I started blogging for the Huffington Post.
- In August 2014 I became a part-time staff writer for Mommyish, and a contributing writer for Hera Sport.
- In 2015, one of my essays will be part of an anthology of humorous essays about potty training that will be published by Monkey Star Press.
- In October 2014 I began contributing to Time.com.
- In November 2014 I wrote an essay about the reality of life with newborn twins for Narratively: http://narrative.ly/twins/confessions-of-an-unhappy-young-mom/
You can contact me by clicking the “Contact Me” link at the top of the page, or e-mailing me at [email protected]