No post today. Got one half done, then got sucked into writing bids for some freelance work, and never got back to it. Cuz’ I’m a professional, y’all!
So instead, I will lovingly and tenderly craft that post over the weekend and put it up Tuesday. In the meantime, here are links to a few wonderful things on the internet:
- A buddy of mine wrote this article about the Trayvon Martin verdict. It is the most beautiful thing I have read about the trial to date. Really great work. I’m terrified of raising my black son in Florida.
- Another buddy (I have some wicked cool buddies) wrote a blog post for Barnes and Noble on 5 children’s books that make her feel like she’s drunk.
- Two buddies of mine wrote a book called, “Poetic Justice: Legal Humor In Verse.” If you are a lawyer, or know a lawyer, or hate lawyers, or love lawyers, or like funny, or like funny poetry, you should get yourself a copy.
- Quirky Pickings, who happens to be one of my advertisers, has a blog whose url is smartassdirect.com. I vote yes.
- One Classy Motha offers Tips for Tuesday, which are truly terrible solutions to your most trying problems.
- Not Everyone Can Be A Mermaid. True. And she’s funny.
- My pal Jeff over at Dad On Arrival has a post about a recent trip he took with his kids called: Flightmare. It will make you scream into a pillow.
- This is how the apocalypse starts, in addition to using a word in her blog title that is my nemesis (it takes me at least three tries to spell “apocalypse”), this gal also cracks me up. You’d like her.
Have an awesome weekend, everyone!!